SIMPLE HACKS TO WRITE ESSAYS
An essay is a piece of writing and at one point of your life; you will be required to write one. It is especially common in the academic setting; with various professors asking students to write essays about range of topics. An avid writer will excitedly accept the challenge, but a novice writer who does not have any writing experience will not know what to do. Thankfully there are https://essaybasics.com/, that are made available to those who do not have the skill; but if you are looking to conquer this mountainous feat, you can develop your ability by equipping yourself with the appropriate essay writing hacks. Even the most experienced writers make use hacks because writing is a molehill of various sizes; and to conquer it you have to be a little creative. Writing hacks are not mere shortcuts—they are necessary ingredients that are part of your recipe for success.
Essays are writing pieces that express an author’s reflections, thoughts, argument, recollection, or understanding of a given topic. It can take various forms, and may be formal or informal, given its purpose. In the academic scene, it is severely utilized and it is very much part of every student’s life; but the usefulness of essays can go beyond the academic walls. You may need to write essay to simply signify a opinion in social media or a blog.
Some people seek essay writing services because they feel unable to come up with some decent writing. But if you are intent on writing your own essays, understand that there are writing hacks that you can employ, to successfully complete an essay.
You do not have to be a seasoned writer to come up with an essay. Essays, after all, reflect your emotions and as long as you have growing feelings, you can aptly put these on paper.
15 Simple Essay Writing Hacks
A lot of people cower at the mere thought writing something, especially at length. Not everyone is eloquent enough to weave words into an impressive essay. If you want to conquer your fear of writing, equip yourself with the following writing hacks:
- Plan for your writing. Before you begin writing, you have to sit down and plan. A plan is a blueprint and it becomes the baseline for your work. Outlining is one method of organizing your thoughts for your essay. You can start by making bullet points of topics you wish to cover, and then you can carefully arrange all these thoughts into an outline, which will guide you throughout the process. Planning helps you design a step-by-step process that will direct your work flow from introduction, to the body, down to the conclusion. It gives you clarity and structure, even before you paint the picture and serves as map for you to follow.
- Avoid cramming. The most appropriate excuse for procrastination is, “I am waiting for the inspiration to come”. While that may be true, it is not going to support your need to meet a specific deadline. Therefore, start as soon as you can. Start early so you have ample time to write in productive intervals—and enjoy your restful breaks, in between. It is not about forcing inspiration to ooze out of you, but working through a system that promotes productivity. Cramming produces work that is rushed. A good essay is one that well-thought and carefully written.
- Pick a topic that is interesting for you. If you have the liberty of picking your own topic, make sure that it is one that you particularly enjoy and understand. And if you are going to write about an assigned topic, make sure to write it from an angle of interest, so that you will have fun with it. Writing does not have to be hard. It is easily a fun thing to do, especially if you develop a passion for it.
- Determine the question your essay is going to answer. An essay usually answers the questions “What?” and “Why?” but if you want to write a compelling piece, you will write an essay that answers the question, “How?” The “how” angle immediately captivates a reader, so you get the attention of your audience. Also, adapting the “how” angle will give you more room to write about the topic; while the other questions are fairly straightforward.
- Visualize your idea. After picking your topic, you can draw a diagram so you can organize the thoughts in your head. Get a piece of paper or a blackboard, if you have one. Write your topic in the center and encircle it. Draw three to five arrows coming out of the center and write the main ideas you wish to cover. You may wish to further subdivide the ideas into subtopics. This is a good way to organize your thoughts, in lieu of an outline.
- Enhance your vocabulary. You can effectively express your thoughts in writing, when aided with good vocabulary skills. Enhancing your vocabulary makes you more effective; and you do not have to rely on “fluff” because you can convey your message straight. Reading various literary works, and browsing dictionaries and thesaurus helps with this.
- Determine your audience. The success of your piece will rely on your ability to reach your appropriate audience. Who are you writing for? Before you begin to write, you have to determine who your target readers are, so that you can write in a voice that best speaks to them. For instance, you cannot write in scholarly manner if you are addressing a younger audience. Determine your audience, right from the start, and maintain consistency throughout the essay.
- Read other essays. If you want to write better, you can start by emulating other writers. A good way to learn about writing is to read other people’s work so that you can get a feel of how they express their emotions on paper. Most people say, “I do not know what to write”, but the truth is you do, you just do not know how to write it. By reading other essays you learn the technique, so you can use it as a guide, and eventually you develop your own voice.
- Do not try to finish it in one seating. Procrastination is not good, but inasmuch as you would want to complete the paper in record time, you do not have to rush on finishing your essay. Especially if you still have time, resting can actually do some good for your essay because the break is going to refresh your mind, and give you a new perspective. Do not force yourself to write, because such a practice will only frustrate things further.
- Do not be afraid to jump from one section to another. No one says you have to write your paper starting from the Introduction, down to the Conclusion. As you begin to work you will want to jump from the Body to the Introduction then back to Body, again, and that is fine. Allow yourself the freedom. In the end, you can read through the entire essay to make sure it cohesive and harmonious from start to finish.
- Read your essay aloud. Throughout the process of writing your essay, start a habit of reading your essay aloud because this is a best way to catch your mistakes in grammar, spelling, or actual flow. Reading aloud helps you catch things you may have missed as you were hurriedly composing your essay. You could also have someone read the essay aloud for you, so that you can judge your paper from a totally different perspective—and have that person judge it for you, as well.
- Do not be afraid to seek help. Even the best writers in history, sought help once in their lives, and you should not be ashamed of needing it too. You do not have to force yourself if you are really struggling. It takes enough courage to admit defeat and know when it’s time to ask for help. You can ask friends or family members for assistance, or you can seek essay writing services for this.
- Choose the right sources. It does not matter how good a writer you are, the depth and value of the paper will depend on the content. The right collection of sources will direct the flow of your essay and it will bring relevance to your voice. It is important that you choose sources that are current, relevant and reliable. And as much as you would want to lift everything from it, be careful because plagiarism is a serious offense.
- Choose the perfect writing environment. If you want to be a productive writer, you have to choose a location, time, and setting that is conducive to writing. A noisy place ridden with all kinds of distractions is a bad idea. A nice and quiet place, offers an ideal setting for writing your essay. It sets your mood, so that you can focus and concentrate on the task at hand.
- Just write. The most important thing you have to realize is that your essay is not going to write itself. Therefore, you have to start writing. You have a plan, a topic, and an outline—what are you waiting for? You may have trepidations about writing but there is no point dwelling this. As Nike said, “Just do it”, and see where your writing will take you.
What Resources to Use
Now that you are equipped with the necessary essay writing hacks, it’s now time for you to start writing. Unfortunately, thinking of what write about is just as challenging, but you can check the following sources if you are looking for topics for writing essays in English:
- Books. In the digital age, books have become rather obsolete, but some literatures have electronic copies that are readily accessible to those who prefer the speed and convenience of things online. Libraries are a good place for you to gain access to hard copies, if you want to peruse of the book for your essay.
- Internet Sources. Websites and blogs offer a wide array of topics for any paper you wish to write. As long as you know how to make a dedicated search, you can gain access to useful information in the web. Of course you have to scrutinize the website you will choose; make sure that the information they provide is credible and verifiable.
- Scholarly Sources. These sources as written by scholars who experts in their field, such as journals, research, thesis, and dissertations. If you want to search for journals, articles and research papers, you can access scholarly databases made available though various universities.
- Popular Sources. Publications such as magazines are commercially released, but may be used as sources depending on the demand of the paper being written.
Writing an essay may not be your cup of tea, but it not an impossible feat you cannot conquer. If you equip yourself with the writing hacks described above, you will be able to write essays like a professional. Of course it all begins with you having a plan. You need to sit down and think about what you are going to write, so that you effort will not go to waste. Writing an outline or diagram is very helpful in building a structure for the paper you are about to tackle. As long as you choose your topics wisely, and you provide yourself with enough sources to work with, you can breeze through the writing process.
Even the most experienced writers struggle from time-to-time. But they conquer writing roadblocks by employing the essay writing hacks discussed here. Writing ca be frightening, especially to those who have not tried it before. But you will not know for sure, unless you try it for yourself. So go ahead and start writing.